11 May 2011

Chasing setting sun

I woke up early to be able to hit the road at reasonable time. In vain.

It always looks simple on google maps!
Way out of Zagreb wasn't that easy. I would even say horrible. Hitching out of Barcelona in group of four was much easier!


After quite long time thumbing in Zagreb, Rijeka, Koper and Trieste I finally found myself on A4 highway petrol station.


Chasing sun was bit harder than I suspected. It was such a great feeling to watch the sunset from truck cab. But better still had to come!

Have you ever spent night on petrol station? Some of you already know what I mean. This time I woke up even earlier. It was still dark. In few minutes I found next ride. Happy days! Succeeding gas station welcomed me with amazing sunrise. It was worth to sleep outside for such beautiful moment.

Yep. It's sunrise!


Mont Blanc on the horizon

Chamonix-Sud - much better during inter-season

Chamonix changed a bit. There's no hoards of seasonal skiing-and-drinking-tourists, trees are much greener, weather is warmer and prices in SuperU are normal again.

So idea is to stay here, take care of dog called Cookie and enjoy White Valley again till 19th of May. I got more ideas and basic plan for few weeks in advance. All seems promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment