18 May 2011

The break is over

Its been quite nice 10 days (yes, ten days) of break in my trip. I came back to Chamonix for dogsitting.

Meanwhile I rode a bike and spent nice time in beautiful alpine nature. Surprisingly I discovered new places what proves you really can't get bored here! Couple of wheels, disc brakes, pedals, derailleurs and other stuff cleverly framed into mountain bike can make you truly happy.

Me and The Bike

Je suis Cookie!

Magical sunset on Glacier des Bossons



As my destination changed significantly, I had to prepare myself better. I got new hiking shoes and sleeping bag. Hitching 20 km back from Quechua Mont Blanc Base in heavy rain wasn't too pleasant, but worth my new equipment. Plan was to go there by bike, but SNCF changed it. Railroad works on my way from Chamonix to Servoz let me no chance to do half of my way to Passy by train. Replacement bus didn't allow me to take bike with me. Happily. I can't imagine doing 20 km and overall elevation over 500 m in rain heavy rain. I was born on relative flatlands! So I thumbed again!

I'll spend next two days on the road. Weather forecast says: Don't hitch, it's gonna rain! The route is much longer than last times. What Monsieur Google says it's 1550 km sharp. My only fear is the first hundred of kilometers. Crossing two passes and getting to Martigny shouldn't be difficult, but hitching on entrance to Swiss highway is one big question mark for me. Once I'll cross German border I should be fine. Autobahn is hitchhikers' Information Superhighway. It's good way to cover really big distances in short time.


Anyway, I don't expect to get to Copenhagen in one day.

Don't panic! I know where my towel is!

No comments:

Post a Comment