9 August 2011

Redneck for a week?

Hitching from Jajce to Lička Jesenica took much more time than I predicted. Happily locals turned out to be friendly and helpful as usualy.


But there was one drawback of hitchin' local roads. Almost no traffic. Situation forced me to walk last 10 km. Happily beautiful view was like ambrosia.



During six days spent with my friends Cornelio and Lily I helped with bringing fire wood from forest, stacking it in basement, fixing door hinges. Using powerful Husqvarna chainsaw was good experience. I was happy I could help with its maintenance. Please, don't think I'm man of renaissance. I just remember how my father did such things, when I was youngster. It's great when you meet new friends on the road.


Cornelio driving his tractor
Daisy, hen and me
It was high time to wave my thumb again. Having fun, working, riding horse and discussing interesting topics made me forget about calendar. My next destination was getting closer and closer everyday.

We don't like such signs.
9 lanes of cars at tolls, few other hitchhikers and 4 hours of hard work
Result was one very long ride from Zagreb to center of Poland. About 7 rides and 35 km by train to get to my hometown. During last 3 weeks I spent roughly 35 €.

If you still think I'm strict with my stories, I'd like to quote Benjamin Disraeli:
"[...] I have seen more than I remember and remember more than I have seen."
 Anyway, that trip was great, but better still had to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment