17 July 2011

Birthday in Croatia

Adventure is ON again! For last several days I'm on the road. I hitched from Poland (Lębork, Bydgoszcz, Wrocław) to Slovenia (Koper) and Croatia (Crikvenica, Prizna), but on my way to Bosnia I met great Croatian guy, and received much more hospitality than I ever expected. I was supposed to spend one night in his campervan. His little farmhouse is placed in small village called Licka Jesenica. Because we snapped with Cornelio very quickly my stay stretched to 3 nights. It wasn't wasted time. I helped him with driving his wife back from work, with collecting and stacking hay cubes and with fixing his chainsaw.

Cornelio himself on his tractor

Long days and evenings were filled with interesting conversations and laughing. Since I don't like horses I had to resist riding, but his small stable is impressive. I'm not expert, but what I know there are four beautiful horses: full blood, half blood and cold blood. So there's a lot of options. Some of them are suitable even for beginners and surroundings are exceptional.

One of horses you can ride

You can see more pictures at ples-konja.com. Not far away there are Plitvicka Lakes, but my favourite was beautiful river Korana (as I remember). Going to that place was my birthday present and great surprise! Water is crystal clear and warm. There's plenty of place to swim and nice waterfall to dive from. We spent few hours there and it wasn't enough.

Just before diving



There's no way to describe such wonderful place, but I can describe my birthday as one of the best in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment