11 April 2011

My last days in French Alps

Months have passed. There were a lot of adventures. A lot of people I'm gonna miss.

Surprisingly there were more interesting things in my last part of stay in White Valley, but it's time for some change. Winter was short with warm weather. I had no luck nor commitment to do skiing, but I'm happy anyway. There's still hundreds picturesque hiking trails and places to enjoy beauty of mountains. Spring has already come for good and encouraged me to continue my slow travel. I spent almost seven great months in here. I lived in several places. In some of them for free, some not. I was even paid for staying in one house for almost week! I played Ultimate Frisbee with local expats and trespassed mountain railroad tracks with couchsurfer. I surfed. I hosted. I learned a lot.

I still want to visit some friends I met here. There's still much to do, but the clock is ticking. I hope to see Jim again. Jim gave me opportunity to stay in Chamonix for three months for cheap. I owe him a lot.

Packing stuff for trip is never easy, but I already got rid of many useless things, so this time it would be much easier. My little car is still working and it only needs some more air in tires and petrol in tank to be ready to hit the road.

I'm going to visit friends and family in Poland. That would be short stop before my longer trip. I hope to be on the road again before end of April. It's not a plan. It's a wish. I already have some ideas of my next destinations, but more ideas are coming all the time.


For some copyright reasons some of you may not be able to watch this clip. I made second version without soundtrack. Less enjoyable but still interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment