18 May 2012

Gravitated to Rozbrat

Last few weeks was marked by seeking travel companion. Not much luck till now, but second candidate dragged me to Poznan, capital city of Greater Poland, crowds, traffic jams, pollution, noise. Something I generally avoid.

But on this occasion I found myself close to Rozbrat. Rozbrat is a squat. Place which people occupy illegally from government's point of view. What tha heck!? From squatters point everything is totally fine. Ownership is a crime. Land belongs to Mother Earth not governments.

I had pleasure to pay a visit to this wonderful Rozbrat community. Place where anarchist fight with the corrupted and spoiled system. La resistance, revolution and freedom are belief here. People are very friendly and helpful. When I Crossed the gates of Rozbrat, carrying stuffed backpack, looking like real, stranded hitch hiker, I almost instantly heard question "Do you need a place to stay for tonight?".

I showed up just before a concert but spent most of it outside, enjoying BBQ and sounds of experimental music. The gig took part inside of old hall, perhaps used for production or as a storage.


Later we switched from grill BBQ to camp-fire and despite of cold night we ended long, interesting and sometimes meaningful convos late after midnight. I didn't wanted to bother local people and wake them up to ask for a place to stay, so I just slept outside. I found really nice mural next morning:

Food Not Bomb mural
Rozbrat rules! It attracts really interesting, open-minded, intelligent and various people. Amazingly with its tiny size compared to Christiania in Copenhagen it's very living place. Just check their website (http://www.rozbrat.org/).

No comments:

Post a Comment