26 June 2011

Favourite rides

During past weeks I had a lot of rides. I never count them, but something around 50, 60 I guess. Some of them were really cool.

5.
Ride from Vik directly to Reykjavik with hotel manager lady. She dealt with all the ash rumble, and told us almost everything about past year volcano problem. We discussed its influence on tourism. But there was one thing wrong about this ride. She asked us to contribute towards costs of petrol.

4.
Three rides with French tourists. All of them on Iceland. If you're stranded on some remote place and nobody wants to take you, you can always count on Frenchmen.

3.
Not very fast, but quite long ride from Middle-of-nowhere in Norway to center of Oslo with lady in her 40's. I was lucky to be first hitchhiker she ever picked so hopefully not the last one.

2.
Another hitch hiker on my way form Nowogard to Lębork. We spent whole evening and beginning of night trying to get to Lębork and Gdańsk. With some joy. I reached my destination 2 hours after midnight! We both had 4 rides and all of them were nice. First driver was former hitchhiker and still active traveler. We exchanged our stories and thoughts. Second apparently was my parent's new neighbor and we had some interesting convo about living one's live irresponsibly. The last one was just ordinary ride with lorry driver, but extraordinary the way I got out. It was my favorite Renault Magnum with highest placed cab and I just felt off.

1.
On our way from Akureyri to Reykjavik we had ride with father and two sons. Younger was just 12, but great partner for conversations about computer games and cartoons. Our favorite was South Park. The way he acted Eric Cartman was brilliant! This time I really regretted our ride was as short as just one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment